(Also read: Drive through McDonalds in Velachery)
Here is the list of things that I liked about Gemini Circus:
- The tickets for the show was available at various price ranges - Rs.50, Rs.100, Rs.150, and Rs.250 (affordable for everyone).
- Uniformed men were selling snacks throughout the show - popcorn, biscuits, chocolates, cool drinks, cotton candy etc.,
- The gymnastic performance was very good. I was quite impressed by circus crew's potential.
- Time management was perfect - the show began and ended on time (kudos to the folks who did the back stage management)
- The background music was great
- Car parking rate was just Rs.40
Here is the list of things that I hated about Gemini Circus:
- The floor was uneven and filled with rubble and debris
- They had plastic chairs for everyone, which were put on top of the rubbles (Imagine, how stable the chair would be)
- There was no proper ventilation. There were a few pedestal fans. However, it was not adequate for 2000+ people
- Nothing has changed in the last 20+ years. In fact, it has gone for the worse. I remember the days when we used to have wooden railings for people to sit. It was very convenient. I hated those plastic chairs.
- There was no proper parking space - we have to park the cars over the debris
- Crowd management was poor - after the show, it took about an hour for us to come out of the venue
- No lion/tigers/elephants/monkeys were involved during the show (Though I was happy that animals were not disturbed, my daughter was very disappointed :))
- No online booking (you've to stand in the line to get tickets). They do have a website.
- No proper signage near the venue. We had to stop in between several times to find the place.
"Will I go to Gemini Circus again in Chennai"? The answer is a STRONG NO. I would rather watch recorded circus programs in my TV.