I had taken my family to Vandalur zoo last week. Vandalur Zoo is one of the BEST and well maintained zoological parks that I've seen in the WORLD. Government has done a fantastic job of keeping the place clean.
(Also read: Vandalur Zoo - Infrastructure is world class but people's behavior is still local class)
My previous Visit to Vandalur Zoo was exactly 3 years ago. There were lots of construction activities going on at that time. Now, all those activities are complete. I had several interesting experiences and observations during my recent visit and I thought I would share it with others.
15 things that I liked about Vandalur Zoo are:
- Covered structures all over the park, for people to sit 'n relax
- Good drinking water (water taps at several locations in the park)
- Restroom facilities that are maintained reasonably well
- Safe 'n Secure Lion safari that takes you pretty close to the king of the jungle
- Battery cars that help you to take a tour of the 3Km stretch without straining your knees
- Bikes (Cycles) for rental
- Clear sign-boards and directions/maps
- Restaurants operated by Tamilnadu Tourism department (one near the entrance and the other in the middle of the zoo)
- Use of plastics is strictly prohibited (visitors are scanned before letting inside the park)
- Kids play area with a number of play structures
- Good collection of wild animals (including Lion, Tiger, Giraffe, Zebra, Elephants, Chimpanzee and Deer)
- Very spacious and you can have a good family/personal time, despite the thronging crowd
- Neatly laid walkways for pedestrians
- Well maintained / well preserved greenery
- Very affordable costs (Adults: Rs.30 entrance fee, Rs.30 for Lion Safari (optional) and Rs.30 for Battery Car (optional) / Kids: Rs.10 each)
If you are in/around Chennai, I would definitely recommend you to visit Vandalur Zoo. I'm quite sure, you'll like it.
Post a Comment