Sunday, November 18, 2007

Maui Trip - Day 5 (Parasailing, Wyndham Seminar, Lahaina Cannery Mall)

October 29th, 2007

We couldn't believe that this is the last day of our trip. We vacated the hotel room, handed over the keys and went to Hyatt Regency hotel for para sailing. We had booked through West Maui Parasailing. The parasailing operators came to the beach only around 8.45 am. We were waiting for them since 8.25 am. They took us on a small kayak boat to the Parasail boat. We boarded the Parasail boat. Parasailing was a nice experience. We flew 800 feet above the sea level. I was expecting it to be windy at the top. However, it was very calm. My wife was taking care of the baby at the shore, when I was flying. I came back and let her do the parasailing. Around noon, we both were done.

We then went to Lahaina Center to attend the Wyndham Vacations Seminar. We had our lunch in the parking lot. The seminar went on for about 2 hours. We came back and went in search Nakalele Blowhole. We couldn't find it. So, we started going towards the airport. On our way back, we stopped in the Lahaina Cannery Mall to get an ice cream for my wife. She has been asking for an ice cream since we landed in Maui. The mall was decorated well for the Halloween. We took a few snaps there. My wife got her ice cream too. I had my favorite tall Soy Latte from Starbucks.

We then had a stop over in one of the road side beaches. Mitra had her evening snack. We spent about an hour in the beach. We met an Indian family there. They had come to Maui for a visit from Indianapolis. It is hard to see Indians in Maui. There are very few tourists of Indian origin.

We reached airport at about 6.30 pm. We had brought some fruits with us. We had them in the airport. I dropped Divya/Mitra in the airport and unloaded all the luggages first. Then, I went to Avis to return the rental car. They charged me $200 for insurance for 5 days. Hmm, the insurance cost was higher than the car rental cost :)

We had some snacks inside the airport. And thats pretty much was our dinner. Mitra was happy to walk around inside the airport. She learned to walk a few weeks back and she was excited to walk on her own. We boarded the flight at around 9 pm and the flight started on time. We reached SFO at around 5 in the morning. Came out of the airport, took the shuttle to Burlingame Airport parking. Took our car from the parking lot - it was safe :) Reached home at 6.30 am.

And, that is the end of our trip to Maui, Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID-19 Vaccination Experience in Chennai

Booking a vaccination slot in India through the CoWIN portal was similar to booking a H1B Visa appointment in US Consulate (not sure if that...